Earthquake Proofing Your Art Work
Even a small earthquake can severely damage your hanging pictures, mirrors and artwork and possibly injure anyone nearby. It is never to late to be prepared and here are a few suggestions to prepare your hanging pictures and artwork for the next quake:
- Use earthquake hangers. These will protect your pictures from coming off the hook.
- Avoid framing with glass – shattered glass can ruin your pictures / artwork and cause injury to anyone nearby.
- Use no-shatter material such as glazing substitutes or acrylic instead of glass.
- Use high quality hanging wire and hardware.
- Make sure you have photos and appraisals for any valuable artwork that may be damaged.
- Hire a professional art installer if unsure how to do any of the above.
Questions? Need Help? Give us a call. We would love to help you prepare: 415.922.6811